Friday, June 5, 2009

Lunch at the Mill

We had an early lunch at Clifton Mill this afternoon. I have to get a dose of the Mill every-now-and-then. It's more about the ambiance and the view than it is about the food. Today, I had my usual, a turkey, lettuce and tomato sandwich. Amy had soup and a salad. The sandwich was very good. The salad was okay and the soup, ham and bean, was dismal. You have to know what to order.

On the way in, we noticed this man working on the covered bridge. So, I asked the waitress who was doing the work.

"Oh he's just one of the Mill boys," she said.

That struck me kinda strange. It's like they need a whole crew to maintain the Mill and it's collection of oddities. As you can see in the photos, the "Mill boys" haven't gotten around to taking down the Christmas lights yet. I should talk... We took ours down last week.

No comments: