Flash Mob Invitation
When: Saturday August 13th, 2011 (Performed during the “Art on the Lawn” show)
Where: Jackson Lytle Funeral Home (grassy area) - Xenia Av. & Limestone Streets in Yellow Springs
Time: 10:30 am -11:10 am
10:30-11:00 a.m. Sitting Meditation to begin promptly. You are welcome to go to the entire event or you can come for part of it. You can meditate the entire time, or you can chill and bask in the peace.
11:00-11:10 Optional sound bath: You can use any mantra or sound, for example, Om, Ah, Ong, Nah or any other sound that calls you personally. If you choose, move closer to one another, donate your physical presence, your positive energy, your voice. It’s also a lot of fun and just sounds awesome to everyone around.
11:10am: End of sitting.
Who: All are welcome. Children, elderly, & anyone in between. This is an event open to everyone, from every path, experienced or not.
What: What IS a “Flashmob”?? It’s an unexpected event that happens in public place in which a large number of people simultaneously break out into a pre-choreographed dance, skit, or pantomime, having the impact of surprise.
However, in our case, our goal is to:
1) To create an environment for people from all walks of life to come together in meditation.
2) To spread awareness of meditation to the public.
3) To come together as a community to send positive intentions out into the world.
4) To show that leading by example is the best way to lead. Simple acts can stimulate major paradigm shifts in thinking.
5) To know we are not alone in our yearning for peace.
This event is modeled after Thich Nhat Hahn’s global event that took place 7/29/11.
Come experience the power of collectively exuding peace and feel the impact we are having on our communities by sitting together, silently radiating happiness and grace in all directions.
What to bring: Please feel free to bring your own cushion/mat/blanket/chair, water if needed, & a positive intention.
If you are a Buddhist, please come. If you are a Christian please come. If you are Jewish, Muslim, or belong to or identify with any other religions, creed, or peace organization, please come. If you are white, brown, black, yellow, red or any other color, please come.
We shall learn together that wrong perceptions of self and others are at the foundation of separation, fear, hate, and violence; and that togetherness and collaboration is possible.”
- Thich Nhat Hanh
Outline of Activity- (purposed – feedback welcomed)
• Gong rings 3 times at the beginning.
• Yoga community guides group through three Sun Salutes before sitting
• Guided meditation or soothing background music to be played at a level that is loud
enough to be heard-so people understand a sacred space is being created, yet balanced so that a meditative state is easily established?
• Optional sound bath (10 minutes)
• Gong rings at the End of the sit
*NOTE: I promise to do my best to address whatever arises & to pass on information through each of the groups involved.
Yours in promoting a peaceful planet,
Phone - 937.545-9040 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: I am looking for someone to videotape the event. If you can help, please contact me.
PS: Here is a link to the example we are following http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqZA5cToPgs&feature=share