Sunday, August 29, 2010

Man stabbed downtown Saturday morning

Reported by Miami Township Fire and Rescue:

Just after midnight on Saturday morning, Miami Township Fire-Rescue responded with Yellow Springs Police to a reported assault in front of the Subway restaurant in downtown Yellow Springs. Medics found an 18-year old Enon man who had been beaten with a skateboard and stabbed at least 2 times barely conscious and seriously bleeding. Medics and police officers worked to control the bleeding on the scene and rapidly transported to man to Miami Valley Hospital, where he underwent emergency surgery in serious condition. Yellow Springs Police had a suspect in custody at the time of the call.

Editor's note: The Blog has received information from a reliable source that the suspect is a Yellow Springs resident and may be a minor.

8 comments:

Les Groby said...

This is tragic, but I hope villagers have been paying enough attention to what's been going on in that area that no one is surprised.

Anonymous said...

The police need to watch that area carefully ALL The time. It's not just a "kid hangout." They don't just sit on cars. There is vandalism and threats. But if no one watches and does anything, what can you do?

Don Beard said...

Unfortunate things happen even in Yellow Springs, but do we need to lump all of the kids who hang out by Subways in this.

Anonymous said...

I pay a lot of attention to the crowd hanging around there, but I'm wondering if you have noticed more and would say more.

Anonymous said...

From what I've been told, there are drug sales going on there in the evenings. Maybe it's best NOT to let it be a hangout place. I'm not lumping all the kids into anything, but I know I've almost had one skate out into my car before without looking and that was what I would consider a "nice" kid who was just too busy talking to pay attention.

Anonymous said...

It's not "lumping kids together" to talk about what is really going on there. I know a lot of those kids and there are a lot of things going on there that the adults should be doing all they can to prevent. These kids are being allowed so much freedom that they are making reckless choices that could ruin the rest of their lives, like these young people.

Anonymous said...

So many of the activities these teens do I can relate to. With the memory of the heightened and intense feelings of those teen years they can at times express the poor judgment, really lack of insight, into the real world consequences of their actions... this I get. It's called immaturity. What I don't get is the aggression and ferocity in which some kids will act towards anyone,for anything....well I take that back I get it,but it's a behavior far beyond teen angst and one which would be diagnosed, treated, and monitored if it were my child... I pray for our youth.

gang green said...

this act was of self defense its mostly out of towners that cause the problems. let the kids be kick the thugs out.