Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Outside.com: YS one of best

Thanks to the recent Chamber of Commerce newsletter, I have finally been able to come up with the link to the article where Yellow Springs was named one of the ten best small towns in America. (Channel 7 had the name of the magazine wrong.)

I'm always interested to see what other towns are on the list. When YS was named a top ten coolest small town, Catskill, NY was also on the list. I have an uncle who lives there and long-term family ties to that area. On this list is New London, Conn. My roommate from freshman year in college, whom I used to visit a lot, lived there, and I was stationed at the Coast Guard Training Station in nearby Groton for two separate stints.

In this case, the online magazine says our town "is as outdoorsy as Ohio gets."

Outside.com: Our ten favorite adventure burgs

Related post: YS makes another top ten list

No comments: