Saturday, October 27, 2012

Back Story: Only in Yellow Springs...

During intermission at the 10-Minute Plays last night, a fellow come over and said he would be interested in learning how I came to quit my law practice in Manhattan and move to Yellow Springs. I have told this story so many times in the last 12 years, I tend to go on autopilot once the lips start to move. This time was a bit different, however, as this fellow is a forensic psychologist and also has a law degree. Once he assured me that he was not trying to figure out what is wrong with me, I shut off the autopilot and reanalyzed the situation, both for him and myself. When we got to that final question that everyone asks, "Why Yellow Springs..?" I looked out at the crowd that had come to see our plays and said, "Where else could I do this? Only in Yellow Springs..."

What a crowd we had, last night - a fanny in every seat - and worthy of the great lineup of plays we presented. We expect even more for this evening's performance and will be scouring the building for extra chairs and printing extra programs.

Speaking of programs, somehow, some of them ended up with the interior pages swapped, i.e. page 3 is where page 2 should be and vice versa. We thought about reprinting that particular batch, but decided against it. A simple announcement will take care of the problem. Yeah, yeah. Only in Yellow Springs...

-vh

No comments: