Thursday, September 8, 2011

New recycling bin suddenly appears

New recycling bin is bigger.

Rumpke dropped these new recycling bins off at all the houses on my street today with no explanation as to why.

Instructions on the top.

A check of their recycling website offered no news on the new bins. However, they were prominently displayed in photographs. My guess is that it will be a lot easier for the driver to hook this up to the truck and dump it. The problem is, I don't usually have that much stuff to put out and I like to keep my current, smaller bin on the deck by the back door. This one is way to big for that. I hate change!

6 comments:

Karen C. said...

I am with you on hatin' this kind of 'forced' change. But my son and I figured it this way...we could keep the smaller bin where we like it. Then on trash nite, dump it into the big one and roll it to the curb. This way, we save the poor aching back of our Rumpke driver! A small sacrifice for a hard working person.

Virgil Hervey said...

That's my plan, too. And I agree about the driver.

biz said...

my guest is they are planning to pickup less often

Anonymous said...

I'm puzzled about the plastics. Why are only plastic bottles with "a base wider than its small mouth" accepted? Why does shape matter?

Ron DeForest said...

My guess is that people are recyling more - finally!

Now, if they would just pick up in country sites.

Virgil Hervey said...

Great comments! Well, anyway, no problem if I forget to put out the recycling bin. I can do it next week... or next month. Plenty of room...