Saturday, May 16, 2009

On a quiet afternoon

It was about 3:00 in the afternoon on Thursday. I was letting the baby chicks play in garden in my backyard in the south side of town. It was sunny and warm - the perfect kind of day to get them out from under the heat lamp and into the fresh air. Then the jets came out to play.

I sent an email to the public relations officer at the ANG base a couple weeks ago. I have let it go too long without a response. I will try to give them a call this week. When I interviewed him for the News awhile back, the Colonel was cordial, but unbending. In the end, it always seems to boil down to the same thing - how much pollution are we willing to tolerate for the sake of economic development.

Frankly, I think this is one we cannot win. But I'm curious to know if they have been reading the letters to the newspaper and what their reaction has been.

More video: Chicks playing in garden (The contrast is striking.)

2 comments:

Les Groby said...

To say they came out "to play" is an insult to the brave and skilled pilots who fly these jets. They are professionals away from their families in a foreign country to train at a high level so they can risk their lives defending their country and its allies. There is no "play" involved.

Virgil Hervey said...

They should do it in their own country!