The Dayton Art Institute is encouraging knitters and yarnbombers to come and be part of their Superhero Summer Program. To learn more visit their site, get a permission form for the yarnbombing or print out the one below, and get crackin’ and clackin’ with those needles and hooks and share in a fun project on the grounds of the Museum.
Superhero summer at the Dayton art institute!
join us for activities related to the special exhibition You Are My
Superhero, which features the work of contemporary artist/knitter Mark
Newport. The exhibition is on view from July 22 through September 23,
The knitting nook
Bring your group to the DAI
“Knitting Nook” (Gallery 222) and contribute to a costume for Chief
Massosoit and the three figurative outdoor sculptures by Seth Velsey.
These creations will be unveiled for the Superhero Ball on August 17.
Contact Visitor Services at 937-223-5277, ext. 111 to reserve the
Knitting Nook, or drop in and knit.
Yarnbomb on the museum grounds from July 20 through September 18.
Please observe the following guidelines and turn in the form below before you begin!
1. Yarnbomb the following outdoor areas ONLY: trees, poles, parking signs, railing, benches or bike racks
2. Do not use ladders or climb walls or railings; observe the “no entry” sign on the front staircase.
3. Use friendly materials: Colorfast, non-metallic fibers; repurposed fibers/materials WITHOUT sharp edges
4. Use plastic or wooden needles to attach your work and keep it family friendly!
5. Yarnbomb during regular museum hours: W/F/Sa 10-5; Th 10-8; Su noon-5; M/Tu closed
6. All work must be removed from the museum grounds by September 30.
7. Send photos of your yarnbombing for the DAI Web site to email@example.com.
8. Questions? Ask at the Visitor Services Desk or call Mary Beth at 937-223-5277, ext. 335.
PLEASE PRINT clearly. Turn in this form to the visitor services desk before you start.
Street Address: __________________________________
City: __________________________ State: _________
Age: ____ Sex: _____
Phone number: (____ )______________
Email Address: ________________________________
understand and have read the rules and regulations. I agree to follow
these and understand that if I do not my artwork will be removed. I
understand that I am responsible for cleaning up my work space and am
not dependent on the Dayton Art Institute for supplies. I give my
permission for my work to be photographed for non-commercial use for the
DAI website or printed materials.
Date: __ __ ____
Dayton Art Institute is not responsible for any injuries incurred
during yarnbombing activities on museum property and reserves the right
to remove anything inappropriate , that does not follow the guidelines,
or that is in space allocated for other activities at any time without
notice to the artist