Thursday, February 11, 2010

Urn follow-up

I bought this urn quite awhile ago on sale at a store called Home Place in Beavercreek. It was located where Bed, Bath and Beyond (Why do I always want to call it Bed, Bath and Breakfast?) is now. I guess I got such a good deal on it that I drove the store out of business.

It was my plan to keep jelly beans in it until it was needed for its intended use, but then I gave up jelly beans. So, now it sits empty on a shelf in my closet while we debate who is going to look after it once I have taken occupancy. When that stir occurred about Cedarville polluting Massie Creek with overflow from their sewage treatment plant, the debate took a nasty turn. Now, whenever I do something to irk my other half, she threatens to sprinkle my ashes in that foul stream.

Related post: Ashes to Ashes

1 comment:

Les Groby said...

"Foul stream" no longer. That part of the creek is looking and smelling pretty good these days, with the new treatment plant on line. I'm convinced that the public outcry about the pollution from the old plant speeded up the process of getting the new one built. You could pick far worse water to have your ashes dumped in around here these days.