Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pelotonia 2011

This from Melissa Heston:


As you may know about one month from today, I will participate in another great cycling experience this summer, Pelotonia 2011. It will involve cycling for a great cause, and I'm writing to you because I need your help.

Last year my teammate, Kristine Hofstra and I rode 180 miles from Columbus to Athens & back, and raised over $4,000 to help the James Cancer Research Hospital fight cancer. It was such an incredible experience that we have decided to do it again joined by new team member cyclists Craig Mesure, Matthew Handwork and Michael Downey – or Team 360/IRC Group.

Pelotonia is a grassroots bike tour with one goal: to end cancer. It is a cycling experience that will take place August 19th-21st. The ride will span two days and will cover as many as 180 miles. I am writing to ask you to help me reach my fundraising goal of $2000. Large or small, every donation makes a difference. 100% of every donation will fund essential research at The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center - James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute. I am looking for a minimum of 10 people to give $200 dollars each. I know I can count on you to help.

We all know someone who been affected by cancer, some who have unfortunately passed away just this year or last, and some who have undergone successful treatments, preventative biopsies or other measures. We also know several in our own community who have benefited in significant ways by treatment at The James. By supporting Pelotonia and my teammates, you will help continue to improve lives through innovations in research with the ultimate goal of winning against cancer. I would love to have your support this year.

When you follow the link below, you will find my personal rider profile or team profile and a simple and secure way to make any size donation you wish - small or large, they all count. Many have taken advantage of the sponsor listing where you can make a donation in honor or memory of someone you love or admire.


Think of this as a donation not to me, or Pelotonia, but directly to The James. Please consider supporting my effort and this great cause. Here is the link to my rider profile: http://www.mypelotonia.org/donate_cart.jsp?MemberID=4484

Melissa Heston

Or http://www.mypelotonia.org/donate_cart.jsp?MemberID=49775 Team 360°/IRC Group.

Thanks Again.

Sincerely, Melissa Heston

The James - As the Midwest's first and Ohio's only freestanding cancer hospital and research institute, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center-James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute is one of only 40 centers in the United States designated by the National Cancer Institute as a Comprehensive Cancer Center. The James is a national leader in creating and testing new therapies based on scientific research, many of which are offered nowhere else in the world.

Melissa Heston, cPT
360 Private Training Studio
213 Xenia Ave/ or 155 Fairfield Pike (personal)
Yellow Springs, OH 45387
937-901-0344
www.360degreetraining.com

No comments: