Saturday, December 4, 2010

Shayna McConville training for triathalon

To benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society

Greetings friends,

As you know, last year I joined Team in Training in an effort to combat stress while raising money to find a cure for blood cancers. It was an incredible experience! Team in Training changed my life in such a positive way, that I have decided to do it all over again!

I am training for my first ever triathlon--St. Anthony's Triathlon taking place in May! I couldn't be more terrified and excited (the breakdown: .93 miles swim /24.8 miles biking /6.2 miles running)! I was inspired to participate in honor of three amazing women, all lymphoma survivors: Yellow Springers Lela Reichert Klein and Julia Reichert, and Stamatina Gregory (not from YS, sorry).

TNT benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society by raising funds to find new treatments and cures for Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, and Myeloma. 75% of funds raised by TNT will go directly towards the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society’s mission; it will fund institutions in Eastern PA and in my neighborhood, including at Temple University (my current employer) and other nearby hospitals, clinics and research institutions; these funds also provide financial assistance to patients, and so much more.

I am determined this our is last season. Please help make it the last one! Any amount you can contribute makes a tremendous impact to research, advocacy, and even patient scholarships--it is a chance to make a difference and to save a life. Donations are tax deductible and bring me closer to my goal of $3,900!

Donating is easy and can be done two ways:
  1. Visit my website and click under “Make a Donation” http://pages.teamintraining.org/epa/anttry11/svmcconville
  2. Write a check out to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and send to me at 4724 Kingsessing Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19143

I will also be raising money with a special TNT cookbook that will be published soon. SO if you are interested in one of these, let me know...and if you have any recipes, we are collecting them through the end of this month.....

Thank you again to supporting this endeavor, both last year and this coming year! Feel free to pass this message on to anyone who may be interested in donating or participating in TNT. I really appreciate your support! Hope all is well with you--HAPPY HOLIDAYS--and lots of hugs!

Warmest wishes,
Shayna McConville

No comments: