Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This Old House YS style


A reader inquired about what's going on with that stately, old, red brick house on the southwest corner of Herman St. and Xenia Ave. Obviously, someone has been renovating. So, recently the Blog dropped in to find the Struewing brothers hard at work clearing brush. Brother John deferred to brother Ken, who, he said, had purchased the house from Corinne Pelzl.

Ken said, he is renovating the house with a view toward putting it on the market. He estimates that it will take mine months to complete the job. According to Ken, he has had nothing but positive comments about the project. The house had fallen into a state of disrepair that was readily apparent to anyone driving through town on Route 68.

Note: This post has been corrected to reflect the true name of Ken Struewing, previously reported as Dave.

5 comments:

jafabrit said...

I love that house so it is wonderful that it's being renovated :)

Anonymous said...

Its wonderful turn of events. I thought the house was being ready to be torn down. Good going brothers.

Anonymous said...

Maybe not Dave - the brothers are Ken, John and Mike. Mike lives in another state, we think. So maybe Ken?

Virgil Hervey said...

It is Ken. Don't know what I was thinking. I have fixed it. Thanks. Corrections are always appreciated.

BTW, I am on vacation in Seattle and Vancouver this week, so my ability to get out the news is somewhat restricted. When I get beck, I hope to do some research on the history of this house and do a follow-up post.

Laura said...

I'm looking forward to watching the transformation and learning more about the history of this home. Thanks, Virgil!