Wednesday, December 10, 2008

MLS to be a transportation hub starting 1/5/09

Posting fast and frenetically, I forgot to mention that I was told by the transportation coordinator that, starting on Jan. 5, after winter break, Mills Lawn School will serve as a transportation hub, with buses bringing high school kids to MLS for redistribution. They will be riding home with the little ones after all.

This from one of the MLS parents in response to an email I sent around:

"I just spoke with Norm Glismann and he said the board would be voting on the 2:40 dismissal at tomorrow's meeting. Although its sounds like a fait accompli. He said they spoke to a hand-picked group of parents selected by the principal and other school officials (there was no open notice) and determined that early dismissal was the best alternative to give teachers extra time. He said everyone felt that 3 weeks was enough notice for parents to adjust their schedules.

I'm not so much upset by the change in schedule (although I think a mid-year change demonstrates unreliability, inefficiency and poor planning)--I'm upset by the lack of transparency in this process. They started wonderfully in the fall and I assumed further developments would be conveyed to the community. My assumption was obviously wrong."

School board - 6 p.m. 12/11

No comments: