Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Breakfast, anyone?

Last week I noticed a sign in front of the Williams Eatery announcing that they are now open for breakfast. Smart, I thought, tapping into the heretofore lightly served Yellow Springs breakfast market.

Most folks in town looking for breakfast travel to Young's. Go up there on any weekday morning and you'll find a dozen Springers, mostly of the senior variety, chatting over coffee and eggs.

I had breakfast up there with Rodney Bean one morning. "Look around," he said. "Soon that will be you and me."

Another morning, I met Richard Lapedes for coffee at the Emporium. He ordered breakfast and I took note. Until then, I hadn't realized that you could get a real breakfast there, other than rolls or muffins.

That was it. Unless the Sunrise serves breakfast, but I don't think they do.

Then, within a few days of the Williams entry into the breakfast fray, along comes an email from Peach's. Starting on Jan. 5, they will be offering breakfast from 9 a.m. Coincidence or competition?

Correction: According to Corrine Bayraktaroglu, the Sunrise Cafe does serve breakfast. (See comments.)

2 comments:

jafabrit said...

Not sure, but I imagine if biz is slow offering breakfast option is a need. I have had brekkers at Williams and it was very nice and at Sunrise (also very nice).
I like the ambience of most of the places in town, so I wouldn't be able to say which is best :)

Virgil Hervey said...

Ah, so... Sunrise does serve breakfast. Thanks, Corrine.