Friday, March 26, 2010

Chicks and ducklings spied in Fairborn

This from Harvey Paige:

Don't know if this would be too much like free advertising, but yesterday I was at Foy's Variety Store (18 East Main St. Fairborn) and they have baby chicks and baby ducks. I asked if they were sexed or straight run, but the lady there did not understand my question. She told me that they give eggs, as proven by a customer last year who brought her some of both the chicken and duck variety. I did not ask if they were fertile, assuming that would involve my telling her the difference.

Regards.

Harvey

Editor's note:

My guess is that these are Easter items and that they have not been sexed. Purchase at your own risk and be mindful that in just a few weeks, they will be awkward looking chicks and ugly ducklings, and a few weeks after that, some of them might start to crow. But if you are thinking about purchasing them, don't wait. It is important that you get them home and raise them in proper conditions (heat lamp etc.), before they get sick in the store.

No comments: