Thursday, September 18, 2008

Demons are lurking

Yellow Springs is a village loaded with artists of all kinds. It probably has more massage therapists per capita than any other town in the country. Spiritual practitioners of every description abound. That is the light side.

Then there is the dark side... It also seems that we have more than our share of sociopaths. Acts of human kindness..? Forget it! Today, I witnessed a vicious, senseless verbal attack unleashed by one woman upon another who had simply greeted her. The woman was still in tears over the incident a good fifteen minutes later.

"I don't appreciate your shouting out my name in public," Psycho Babe said, shouting, herself.

I had been standing just a few feet away and had not heard anyone's name shouted. Therefore, I still do not know Psycho Babe's real name, although I have seen her around. And now I don't want to know it either. I am tempted to say, you know who you are, but I'm sure she doesn't. The verbal assault was just another insignificant part of her miserable everyday existence.

1 comment:

jafabrit said...

Yikes!!!!! grrrrrrrr!