Sunday, November 20, 2011

Found dog: English Setter

I got a call from some people about a stray dog that showed up at their house yesterday (11/19) and parked herself on their front porch. They live on Old Mill Road north of Yellow Springs. I went to check the dog out and to take some photos so I could send out this email. The people are not feeding her and say they are “inclined not to.”

I’m calling her Lily – she just struck me as a Lily. She is so very SWEET and gentle. Very dear. She looks to me to be at least 8 or 9 but I’m not the best judge of this. I think she may have cataracts which would be another indication of age. She’s underweight. She’s wearing a red collar but no tags. Hasn’t been checked for a microchip. It’s hard to know if she got lost or was dumped. She’s very friendly and got along fine with my dog and another dog I am sitting. She was eager to jump in the car.

Lily strikes me as a dog who would make for a perfect companion dog – quiet, gentle, sweet, calm as far as I can tell. She’s cute too, does some silly things when feeling relaxed. She did not like me squatting in front of her and pointing the camera at her, though, so the attached photos are not so great but will give enough of an idea of her looks.

Lily is in need of someone who would be willing to foster her or better, someone who would like to adopt her.

Please forward this email on Lily’s behalf. One never knows who might have just heard of someone looking for an older, quiet canine companion. She really is a sweetheart and would bring someone much joy and companionship.

Thank you.

~Jenny Cowperthwaite
jennyhome@littlart.com
937-767-1675

This blogger is especially happy to try to reunite people with their lost pets. So, if you find one or lose one, send me an email and I will post the information. gunchpress@yahoo.com.

No comments: