Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Walk for Autism

Senior project is fundraiser for Dayton Chapter of the Autism Society of America

My name is Kelsey Cundiff and I am a senior at Yellow Springs High School .

On April 9th and 10th I will be hosting a walk to raise money for families dealing with autism. I have a personal stake in this particular event. One of my close friends, Wagner has autism. Not only do I want to support him but also the many others diagnosed with autism. Every day approximately 110 children are diagnosed with autism. Autism is a developmental disorder that affects the brain’s normal development in social and communication skills. There is no known cure but with your help we can provide families with the tools and support they need.

My goal is to have 110 miles walked in a 24 hour period to represent the children diagnosed each day. I have chosen to donate the proceeds from this walk to the Dayton Chapter of the Autism Society of America. They do a remarkable job at helping families deal with the needs of raising an autistic child.

Registration forms are available at the Bryan Center , Yellow Springs Chiropractic and the Yellow Springs High School .

When: April 9th, 9:00am through April 10th, 9:00 am.
Location: Yellow Springs High School Track
Fee: YS students $10 - All others $25

Registrations received on or before March 25th guarantee participant a t-shirt.

Come out and help me support this great cause.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to contact me at walkforautism2011@gmail.com.

No comments: