Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No thanks, not today

Usually, I go down the stairs from my second floor back deck to take care of the chickens. One look at this ice and I decided to go around. I opened up the coops, but the chickens demurred on coming out.

At first check, the Yellow Springs Schools had posted a two-hour delay this morning. Not realizing that it was bad enough to check Channel 7, I sent Kalson out to wait for the bus to the Career Center. After ten minutes, he came back in the house and turned on the TV. Two hours later, he repeated this scenario to find out that the YS Schools had closed down. The Career Center, however was still open, posing an interesting question: What is your responsibility to get your kid to school in this situation? He called me on my cell phone and I came home and drove him to school - two hours late.

"How are the roads?" the lady in the attendance office asked.

The main roads in Yellow Springs had been salted and were fine. Hyde Road was pretty bad and I slipped a bit going up the big hill. West Enon Road was even worse.

The good news was there was plenty of parking available downtown.

No comments: